Last night after Evan went to bed, Ben and I decided we were going to watch a movie. He was nice enough to let me choose what I wanted to watch and I decided on Julie & Julia. I really enjoyed it! Thought that Meryl Streep did a fabulous job and was so funny as Julia Child. Makes me wonder what she was like in real life. It also made me want to get in the kitchen and cook! I didn't realize that the movie was based off a book and an actual event. Julie Powell is a real person and she really did tackle the 500 plus recipes in one year. I did a little research on her today to see if she ever met Julia Child and what I found was interesting. Julia Child did not approve of the Julie/Julia Project. She felt that the whole thing was a stunt and that Julie was not a real cook. She said that Julie never expressed what she learned from cooking each recipe or what the food tasted like. She also did not approve of Julie using 4 letter words while cooking and did not want to be associated with that. If you google Julie Powell you can still access her blog. I skimmed through/read a couple of entries and found them interesting. I do not think I could sit down now and read all of them, but might have read them in 2002 if I had known about it. She rants and raves a lot. Anyways.....I just find the whole thing very interesting!
Around 12:30 Evan woke up and was still waking up off and on 3 hours later. I checked on him a time or two and he did not have any fever. It was like he would fall asleep, but something was keeping him from staying asleep. Finally, we decided that maybe he had some teeth moving around and gave him a dose of motrin. He did go back to sleep around 3:30 and was up and ready to go at 8:30.....Ben and I were not!
We went to the park after lunch today so that Evan could play and run around for a while. After about 30 mins or so, we put him in a swing and he was practically falling asleep in it. Very funny to watch! Then we went to Bruster's for ice cream before coming home to put him down for a nap! We had a really fun afternoon!
Tonight before we put Evan to bed, he was running a little bit of a fever. Nothing too serious yet, but I hope it stays that way! He also seems to have what may be a rash. Ben goes out of town for work on Monday so whatever all of this is I hope it comes and goes because I do not want to be dealing with a sick baby alone!
1.16.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I hope Evan starts feeling better! And I loved Julie and Julia. It was what pushed me to start my blog:)That's really sad that they never met...
ReplyDelete